Social Justice Engagement
Social Justice Engagement (SJE) at the Student Life Multicultural Center (MCC) is a social justice and intercultural diversity education program at The Ohio State University. SJE works proactively to promote understanding of intergroup relations inside and outside of the classroom. Multidisciplinary courses offered by SJE are distinguished by their experiential focus, teaching philosophy, and incorporation of dialogical models of communication. Additionally, there are a number of co-curricular programs offered.
SJE initiatives fall under Education and Training, which include:
- Community Kit Project (programming kits)
- (D.I.C.E.) Diversity, Intercultural and Community Engagement Certificate
- Crossing Identity Boundaries: A Journey Towards Intercultural Leadership ES HESA 2577 (three-credit courses)
- (A.I.D.E.) Advocates for Inclusion and Diversity through Education (student leadership organization)
Alonso Family Dialogue Series:
- Learning From Your Community
- What's Your Story? Engagement Series
- Indie Lens Pop-Up
- International Coffee Hour
For more information, contact Jaz Mickey (firstname.lastname@example.org).